- Decide early on the vision/scope of the project, and open up the thinking from the start.
- Think carefully about the unique audience use case for the content and for each platform.
- Accept that the payoffs may not be immediate.
- Identify a project manager who will champion the delivery platforms, separate from the editor overseeing the reporting.
- Create a master checklist for elements, along with regular check-ins.
- Establish a tandem workflow to prepare the elements for all platforms at once, if possible. And don’t forget all the extra descriptive/display text.
- Plan the time for video and other multimedia elements.
- Thoroughly edit all materials early in the process, especially any text in the video.
- Build in additional time for editing/proofing of everything.
- Get the iBook version done first. Then be prepared to wait.
Read the full piece at RJI