- Even relatively poor populations now consider TV a necessity.
- Despite the internet, we’re watching more, not less.
- What is the world watching? Football, ‘American Idol’-like contests and telenovelas.
- The U.S. and Western Europe are losing newspaper circulation, but the rest of the world is experiencing a newspapers boom.
- When it comes to time spent on the site, Facebook crushes all rivals.
- Cyber cafes are the entry for emerging market populations to get online.
- Brazil, Russia, India, China and Indonesia leada for online video consumption.
- Internet usage and penetration rates are hobbled by access costs. Mobile isn’t.
- Netbooks, e-readers, tablets will drive growth of internet use.
- For the foreseeable future, the forecast for the planet’s media habits is in a word, more.
Read the full piece at adage.com